KB 1011: Software Vulnerability Management 2018 AKA CSI fail to sign the package with error code 2147942593
SummaryThis article will help the customer to resolve the fail to sign the package issue.
SymptomsThis error usually appears when there is no signing certificate available on WSUS server certificate stores.
If there is no private key
- Login to your WSUS server
- Run the MMC and snap in the certificate
- Go to WSUS folder and check if the private key of signing certificate available (There will be a small key sign on the certificate to identify the private key)
- Login to CSI >Patching > WSUS/system center
- Please make sure you are connected to your WSUS Server and click next
- On step 2, click the automatically create and install the certificate
- Please log back in your WSUS server and check if the certificate has been created successfully.
- Run the IE as an admin (Right click run as admin)
- Try to publish the package again